Wilson Family Experience
Wilson Artisan Wineries proudly presents the
3rd Annual Wilson Family Experience!
Monday September 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM PDT
Thursday September 21, 2017 at 11:00 AM PDT
Add to Calendar
Come spend some quality family time with the Wilsons and all of Wilson Artisan Wineries. Spend 3 nights and 4 days experiencing what Ken and Diane have done over the last 30 years in Sonoma County. Start with vineyard management and grape growing, when Ken was one of the first growers of hilltop grapes in Sonoma County. Pick grapes at some of our iconic vineyards and then move into winemaking! Diane found out she only had a couple weeks to learn she could make wine.. Can you do the same, but with only days to do so?
Diane is a wonderful cook so we have assembled some of the finest chefs and restaurants in the area to pair the amazing wines she and the other winemakers create. Some of the restaurants are well known and have become destinations in their own right.
The most recent development in the Wilson Family has been moving into lodging. Your visit includes 3 nights at our beautiful and recently re-designed Grape Leaf Inn. Updated in a “modern Victorian” style, the beautiful Victorian architecture is complimented with custom, comfortable furnishings and light and airy style. The huge, wraparound deck is perfect for a glass of wine or just lounging with fellow “family members”.
The perfect package for lovers of Wilson Artisan Wineries and experiencing wine and food with family.
Come down to Healdsburg, the Wilson’s family home, this autumn for a unique experience in the heart of wine country. Celebrate the harvest with us with wine, food, and a whole new appreciation for wine and family. Limited to only 26 participants, this is a one-of-a-kind, intimate family experience.
The registration fee is $3,750.00 plus tax, for 2 people, and includes all of the below. While 2017’s itinerary is being finalized, it will be similar to this one:
Day 1, Monday, September 18
- Welcome reception at Grape Leaf Inn with all 9 family-owned wineries wine represented and passed appetizers to highlight the Artisan Wines
- Opening 4-course, wine paired dinner at Wilson-owned deLorimier Winery overlooking the garden and vineyards. Paired with Diane Wilson-made wine and featuring Winemakers, Owners, and Wilson Family
Day 2, Tuesday, September 19
- Ken’s favorite Canadian breakfast at Grape Leaf Inn
- Ranch tour of newest Wilson Property: Rockpile Ranch with Soil & Vineyard Management – the building blocks of Wine – Seminar with Esteemed Winemaker Antoine Favero.
- BBQ Lunch at the Rockpile Farmhouse paired with the new Rockpile Wines from our family-owned and operated Mazzocco Winery and the other Wilson Artisan Wineries. BBQ to be hosted by daughter Sydney Wilson and Winemaker Antoine Favero.
- Aroma seminar with daughter and newest winemaker, Victoria Wilson, at Matrix Winery. See how the second generation is approaching winemaking and following and learning from her mother’s skills.
- Cocktails in the Speakeasy at Grape Leaf Inn featuring a signature cocktail made with freshly crushed wine grape juice!
- Wine paired 4-course dinner at Charlie Palmer’s Dry Creek Kitchen in a private room featuring Ken and Diane Wilson
Day 3, Wednesday, September 20
- Diane’s favorite Ultramarathon-fueling breakfast at Grape Leaf Inn
- Harvest grapes at Pezzi King Winery, home of Ken and Diane Wilson, with winemaker Chris Barrett. Follow up with crushing the grapes you just picked, punch down the fermenting grapes and get a real hands-on tour of the facility and bottling line.
- Help crush at Wilson Winery – the one that started it all! Followed by a competitive grape stomp and a behind the scenes tour of Wilson Winery with founder and Woman Winemaker of the year, Diane Wilson. Learn the history of the winery and the area and see how integral it was to the creation of Wilson Artisan Wineries.
- Picnic lunch at Wilson Winery with Diane and Sydney Wilson. Drink in the view as well as the delicious wines. Relish in your victory or drown your sorrows from the Stomping Competition.
- Cocktails plus a viewing of Bottleshock in the Speakeasy
- Closing Farm-to-Table Dinner paired with Wilson Artisan Wines (of course). All of our winemakers as well as Ken and Diane will be in attendance.
Day 4, Thursday, September 21
- Breakfast at the Grape Leaf Inn, followed by the Commemorative Wilson Family Adoption Papers
- Wine and appetizer pairing competition at Relish Culinary Academy. The final step in our Grape to Glass education – pairing it with food to let the best elements shine – Wilsons love nothing like some healthy competition!
Megan Origer & Matthew Hughes
Wilson Artisan Wineries